Monday, June 25, 2012

People in Paraguay

Recently there has  been a major political situation here.  In the past this might have resulted in violence and I suppose truthfully it still might.  But I don't think it will.  The reason is the people of Paraguay are so open, honest, and kind.  I know that every society in the world has social problems, but I want you to think of it this way:  98% of Paraguay lives in 40% of the country.  An area smaller than half of California.  Everyone knows each other and there are more consequences for social violence here than in many more populated nations. 

So this blog post is about the people that I know.  The extraordinary, kind, hard working, and welcoming people that have made up the most important experiences of my life to date.

This is a large part of the Aquinos Rios family, a source of stability here for me...much love.  


This is Freddy, Noelia, and young Santiago my brother, sister, and nephew'i here.


This is Oscar and me in the fields.  Rock on.  


 Gotta' get your meat somewhere, I just happen to be holding it...


This is my host dad, Mario Montenegro, working in his lumber mill.  He is an incredibly hard working man who takes joy out of his work and I want to be like him when I grow up.   


Mario and son work at the lumber mill too.  Bad A** awesome people who work every day they are alive.


Nice dude I met on a boat with my Mom and Jamine.  Notice how I don't know him at all but he is smiling and nicely agreed to let me take a picture.  That's how almost everyone is here.  


Shirley...ahhhh...how cute.


My two host mothers Antonia and Leandra.  Thanks and love to them both.  


Sometimes you just got to be a wild and crazy kid.  


Might not be a person but it sure is a big fish...


I suppose officially these are my "host" nephews.  What up dogs?  


Dani and Mario Montenegro.  Father and son.  Great, great, people.  


The father at the local monastary...darn I can't remember his name, but I think it is Francisco...


You can bury your demonstrations and politics in the ground.  This is the real Paraguay.  A cowboy far out in the backcountry bringing his cows home.  


Always want to end a post with a couple of babes...right?  



No comments:

Post a Comment